Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I will mark this on my calendar!




Today is Veteran's Day which means we have a day off. As everyone with small children knows, a day at home with the kids usually consists of many exciting moments. In our house they usually include:


1. What Papa Stan has affectionately termed "Dear or Ordeal". Sammy is a negotiator of everything. Debating almost any topic includes, but is not limited to the following:
Sammy vs. Dad
Sammy vs. Mom  
Sammy vs. Dad and Mom
Sammy vs. the entire adult world

2. Bouts very similar to WWF matches between Sam and Abby. This includes "tickling" and wrestling. There is lots of giggling and laughing, then yelling and laughing, then screaming and unidentifiable squeals. They always end in one of two ways: 1. A child in tears or 2. Mom yelling loudly to make it stop.

3. Playing with toys. This one NEVER works out because whatever Sam has, Abby wants for at least 10 seconds which is long enough for him to have an absolute fit. And whatever Abby has, Sam needs simply because Abby has it. He may not have touched a toy for two years, but now that Abby has it, it is the must-have toy. See #2.

 4. Quiet activities like coloring are very popular. Both kids LOVE markers and Daddy just bought them a new set so they did color this morning, but it only stayed quiet until Abby threw all her papers and markers on the floor. She had to yell for someone to pick them up. (They are both amazing artists)

5. TV. Yes, I admit it, we do watch TV. Sammy loves Noggin, Nick Jr., Disney, and Sprout. I am picky about what they watch, but sometimes TV just feels necessary. He seems to be outgrowing most of the Sprout shows, but Abby is beginning to show some interest....that could create some good arguments. We will not put TVs in their rooms.

6.  The reason I posted this is because this morning after breakfast, I went to do the dishes and noticed it was VERY quiet. I panicked and ran to check what was broken or who was hurt; instead I found them sitting in Abby's room together reading books. I took pictures to prove it. It lasted long enough for me to finish the dishes and write most of this blog! 

7. Number 6 has currently ended and turned to a combination of #3 and #2, so it might be time to go OUTSIDE! 


2 comments:

SHANNON said...

I LOVE the pink and brown chair.

Sue Z. Cue said...

Thanks! That chair is fancy because I recovered it myself. My mom picked it up (garage sale) and it was UGLY so I recovered it to match her room. I love it too!