Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sammy Stories Volume 1-- Baby Abby

As everyone with children knows, there are constantly things said that you are sure you'll remember, and then you don't. My parents were Sammy's caregivers for his first year plus so we have lots of these stories. Gramma and Grampa have always called them "Sammy Stories." About a year ago, my mom and I sat down and wrote a bunch of them down. I am going to use this space to document our "Sammy Stories."


When Abby was a newborn, we were ending a visit to Grandma & Grandpa's house. As Sammy hugged Grandma to tell her good-bye, he whispered in her ear, "Is Baby Abby staying here?" 

Many times Sammy questioned me about the status of Baby Abby. 
"Is she going to live with us?"
"Yes, Sammy, she goes everywhere with us. She's part of our family. She's your baby sister."
"Even to the store?" (:

Newborn Abby was crying which she didn't do very frequently. 
Sammy cried out, "Mommy, I know what's wrong with her..." 
"What is it?"
"She misses her mommy."
"Oh? Where is her mommy?"
"She's at work."
"Sammy, I'm her mommy."
"No, you're MY mom!"
Uh oh, we've got a little misunderstanding!



0 comments: