Monday, December 22, 2008

First Haircut

On Friday, Abby got her first haircut! It wasn't quite the occasion it usually is, but her hair looks cute! Here's the story:

She is a finger sucker and as she sucks those little delights, she pulls her hair. Not a gentle little twirl, no, our girl rips her hair right out of her pretty little head. So she was growing long blonde curls on the right side of her head and a little bald on the left. She had that lopsided 80's look. It was getting really bad. I felt like I should start dyeing it blue and giving her dangly earrings. 
One of the wonderful daycare moms is a stylist and she fixed Abby's hair for us (for free). Thanks Kim! It is still way thinner on the left, but it is far less noticeable now. No more comb-over attempts! Yay!! It looks like a little curly wedge cut to me. I love it! 

1 comments:

SHANNON said...

Post a picture so we can see it!

I cut Sophia's hair monthly for the first year in an attempt to tame it. I didn't realize (or was in denial), that her curls were temporary. If I had left it alone, it would likely be down to her bottom and curly. She now has shoulder-length hair with curls on the bottom 2" only. :(