Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sammy is sick....again.

My poor boy gets sick soooo much. He is like clockwork. Every 4 - 6 weeks, his fever starts and stays with him for 3 days. It usually spikes to nearly 104. His current doctor is the first who suspects that it may actually be something other than "viruses." Really? Does it take a doctor to figure that out? I think it is neutropenia, but that is unconfirmed until I take him in for a blood draw while he is running the fever. Last time he got sick, he was so miserable, I just couldn't bring myself to take him to have them poke him with a needle...poor boy. Especially when the poke will NOT lead to him feeling better. 

Anyway, we were supposed to go get pics with Santa tomorrow. I don't think that will be happening now. It looks like I'm in for a day of TV and lounging on the couch (Sam lounging, not me). He'll play a little bit when the Motrin kicks in, but the rest of the time, he'll be down. Poor boy.

2 comments:

SHANNON said...

Poor boy. Perhaps your doctor can prescribe you Emla. It's a topical numbing cream you apply before pokes, and they don't feel a thing. If he is neutrapenic, a CBC would show it. You should have a full panel done to show WHAT is causing the neutrapenia, however. Hope he's feeling better.

Sue Z. Cue said...

Thanks Dr. Shannon. I knew you would have some input for me...see why I need you back here?! Thanks.