Monday, December 22, 2008

Santa Visit

Growing up, we never did the Santa-in-the-mall pics. It just wasn't part of our repertoire. So, naturally (for me) we have not made Santa pics a regular part of our holiday. Today I decided to try. I even warned Sammy that if the line was too long, we would have to leave. (Is that bad?) There was ABSOLUTELY no way I would even attempt to brave a REAL mall three days before Christmas so we went to Country Club Mall. The main stores are Macys and Gottschalks and there is not a whole lot in between. It is a tiny, unexciting mall that happens to be very close to home. We got a great parking spot, walked right up to Santa, had a little chat, took our pics (Abby was even fairly agreeable), printed and bought the pics and were completely finished in about 7 minutes! I'm not exaggerating -- I was amazed! The pics are even pretty cute!

Success! Quite honestly, not what I expected. 

3 comments:

SHANNON said...

Pretty impressive! We went on a weekday to avoid the rush.

By the way, we're in town! We'll be here until Saturday morning. Happy Holidays!

Sue Z. Cue said...

Let's get together if you have time. Let me know!

SHANNON said...

I don't think it will work. We've had family obligations daily and I think we're leaving tomorrow if it continues to snow on the grapevine...:(